Rockridge Venture Law® is honored to be named a 2021 Real Leaders “Top Impact Company,” ranking in the top 150 companies from around the world that are using business as a force for good.
The Real Leaders Impact Awards recognizes the top 150 companies that are “applying capitalism for greater profit and greater good.” For the third year in a row, Real Leaders ranked companies that are having a positive impact on the world—companies that are demonstrating that “businesses can fuel both profit and impact.”
“We feel honored to have been chosen through a rigorous selection process,” said Kevin Christopher, Founder of Rockridge Venture Law®. “Our long-term focus on advancing responsible corporate citizenship, environmental stewardship and sustainability, and social impact has been a huge part of achieving this award.”
How is a company selected for a Real Leaders Impact Award?
Purpose-driven companies that are nominated for the Real Leaders Impact Awards are ranked based on their “Force for Good” score. That score is calculated by looking at three things: three-year growth rate (acceleration) x revenue (mass) x B-impact assessment score = a company’s Force for Good score.
As a 2021 award winner, Rockridge® joins the distinguished ranks of game-changing companies from across the globe.
Some of the companies recognized as Real Leaders 150 Top Impact Companies this year include:
- Beyond Meat
What makes Rockridge® a Real Leader ‘150 Top Impact Company?’
At Rockridge, we strive to do well by doing good. We believe that the challenging work of Building Today’s Companies for Tomorrow’s Economies® goes hand in hand with positively impacting the environmental and social fabric of our communities. Some of the things that contributed to our 2021 score include:
- Rockridge® is Tennessee’s only business certified by B Lab (B Corp Best for the World) and 1% For The Planet for our commitment to triple bottom line business practices. We’re proud of our 114 B Corp score (the average is 80!) that earned us Best For The World status. Learn more about our B Corp status here >>
- In addition to providing IP and tech law services to corporations, governments, and entrepreneurs, we practice what we call Give-10, whereby we give 10% of our time in the form of pro bono support, and 10% of our revenue in the form of sponsorships to environmental stewardship and social impact nonprofits. Our 2021 environmental and social impact nonprofit partners include: American Alpine Club, B Academics, green|spaces, Living Lands and Waters, Mayhem Mission, Mustard Seed Ranch, and NC State Social and Environmental Impact Competition.
- We hired a social impact fellow this year to drive a corporate social responsibility initiative called B Tennessee that we launched with fellow Tennessee B Corps. You read that correctly, a law firm with a social impact fellowship.
- We tackle social issues through pro bono research and representation, including religious trademarking and racial inequities in high school athletics.
- When a disastrous tornado struck Cookeville, Tennessee, in the spring of 2020, we answered the call with cleanups and the organization of legal aid clinics helping the displaced and injured.
These are some of the ways we’re RealLeaders.
See the full list of all 150 Top Impact Companies and how they’re using business as a force for good here >>
ABOUT REAL LEADERS
Real Leaders is the world’s first business and sustainable leadership magazine and serves a community of visionaries, collaborating to regenerate our world. Its mission is to inspire better leaders for a better world. Real Leaders is a Certified B-Corp and signatory in the United Nations Global Compact (an advocate for achieving the global goals for sustainable development).
Real Leaders positions leaders to thrive in the new economy and to inspire the future.
Visit www.real-leaders.com for more information.
LinkedIn: Real Leaders
Rockridge Venture Law® is a certified B Corp law firm embracing the mantra of technology lawyers for good. Rockridge® services include corporate, intellectual property, litigation, M&A, privacy, technology, and venture capital law. Rockridge has been recognized as a B Corp Best for the World and Real Leaders Top 150 Impact Company, and has been featured by Conscious Company Magazine, Forbes, and other top media focused on industry leaders in impact and innovation.
The Rockridge team has worked with Grammy winners, Nobel Prize winners, and world champion athletes to create and monetize distinctive intellectual property assets. Rockridge clients include founders, investors, and multinationals scaling disruptive technologies and iconic brands. Rockridge is headquartered in Tennessee, with satellite offices in Durham, New Haven, and New York.
We’re Building Today’s Company for Tomorrow’s Economy® by leading clients through the dizzying array of information controls, by helping them to develop and monetize proprietary assets, and by enabling their impactful products, programs, and principles.
See case studies on how we’ve helped transformative companies at Rockridge Case Studies.
LinkedIn: Rockridge Venture Law