• Negotiated deal values in excess of $1B.
• Bid protest counsel at the Government Accountability Office, the Court of Federal Claims, and various agency tribunals.
Shayn Fernandez is our Corporate Lead at Rockridge Venture Law®, Tennessee’s only B Corp Best For The World law firm. Shayn is general corporate counsel for public and private companies, entrepreneurs, and investors. He advises clients in various stages of an organizational life-cycle on formation and governance, fundraising, securities offerings, and employee equity incentives, joint ventures and contracting vehicles, and mergers and acquisitions. Shayn also represents government contractors with teaming strategies, contract negotiation, regulatory compliance, and protests in various state, local, and federal forums. He also guides companies through corporate structuring and governance matters to obtain and comply with various state, federal, and private certifications including SBA certifications and benefit corporations.
Prior to joining RVL®, Shayn was a corporate and government contract attorney at Williams Mullen. Shayn received his Juris Doctor degree, with honors, from the Wake Forest University School of Law, where he was an editor of the Wake Forest Law Review. Shayn earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Lee University.
Recent Representative Matters
- Corporate counsel to a public benefit corporation’s procurement of nearly $1B in funds for acquisition of a strategic stockpile and development of active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished drugs from the Department of Health and Human Services to fight COVID-19.
- Representation of a healthcare technology company’s merger with a strategic buyer.
- Deal counsel for the sale of a drone company to a publicly-traded acquirer.
- Corporate counsel to a web hosting company’s reorganization and acquisition of corporate headquarters.
- Representation of a government contractor’s strategic investment in financial technology startup.
- Corporate counsel in purchaser’s acquisition of a data analytics defense contractor.
- Deal counsel for intelligence community contractor’s sale of a controlling interest to a private equity buyer.
- Representation of a financial advisor’s acquisition of a financial consulting firm.
- Corporate counsel to a private equity fund’s majority acquisition of a large defense contractor.
- Representation of a real estate investment firm’s receipt of a foreign investment.
- Corporate Formation and Governance
- Mergers and Acquisitions and Reorganizations
- Capital Raising and Employee Equity Incentives
- General Counsel
- Joint Ventures (e.g., Mentor-Protégé Joint Ventures, real estate ventures, technology collaborations)
- Small Business Certifications (e.g., service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses, women-owned small businesses, HUBZone, 8(a))
- Bid Protests
- Innovative Research Agreements (e.g., SBIR/STTR, CRADA)
- Commercial Contract Negotiation
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims