We’re widely recognized as top-caliber tech allies. But although this is a major space in which we’ve achieved distinction, we don’t identify as strictly tech lawyers.
We’re fluent with the ins and outs of the creative sphere, having cultivated extensive knowledge and experience in the worlds of publishing, performance, and agency deals. Some of our favorite clients include hip-hop artists, novelists, photographers, and producers. We recognize how creative individuals benefit from well-informed counsel for a slew of day-to-day practical matters.
- Trademark Law — Branding a product or business always brings up issues of clearance, use and protection. We’re here to advise on the trademarking details clients must consider and weigh.
- Copyright Law — To develop and profit from any creative asset necessitates a clear-eyed look at copyright registration, licensing and transfers, and in some cases, the process of obtaining rights from outside parties. RVL® has versed itself in every contractual element that comes into play.
- Agency-Client Relationships — The partnership of artists and businesses with agents and agencies rests on critical legal structures that maintain rights ownership and transfer, client confidentiality, contracts, commissions, distribution deals, and a spectrum of other formalized agreements.
- Freelancing — The freelance workforce often creates tensions related to rights, compensation, and fair competition. We consult on the best practices and protections for freelance careers.
- Creative Marketing Agencies — In mastering media, agencies typically don’t bother with intellectual property or regulatory concerns, such as trademark infringement and impermissible therapeutic claims. RVL® provides general counsel to agencies on important legal matters that might arise in the design and branding of the agency’s client campaigns.
- Social Media Law and Content Marketing Law — Digital campaigns are at the forefront of today’s marketplace. Social media and content marketing frequently rub up against the trademark, copyright, and employment law we’re on hand to address.